Taste the Style is an online lifestyle publication that serves as the hub for both epicurean and fashion enthusiasts by introducing tastemakers, curating shopping and travel guides, as well as producing editorials. It arose as Cyndi's personal style blog with a focus on travel guides, chiefly in New York City, but has quickly flourished into an expansive platform featuring global food and fashions with an ever-growing team of writers, photographers, and other creatives whom share a mutual love for fashion, food, travel, and beauty. Our mission is not only to inspire, but also grow as a lifestyle brand by aligning ourselves with brands, designers, and media companies with similar values and ideals.
We’re currently on the hunt for an exceptional editorial intern who is equally interested in learning marketing and business development. Taste The Style loves self-starters and highly-creative creatures who think outside the box and are excited about producing stunning, and engaging original content, as well as exposing that content to existing and new audiences.
Internship consists of:
- Writing 3-5 compelling articles a week ranging from interviews to breaking news.
- Photographing subjects in their home or work environment.
- Assisting in running all of our social media platforms on the days they are in the office. That includes Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Snapchat. Intern will also be in charge of growing all of our networks by using only the best social media practices.
- Attending the occasional press preview and media event.
- Assisting our Editorial Manager in managing contributor pieces and assist in the organization of the editorial calendar.
- Assisting in the logistics of all offline events.
- Scouting lifestyle influencers to feature.
- Researching publications and brands we can collaborate with.
- Contacting designers, restaurants, etc, for features.
- General PR/Communication responsibilities such as press acquisition.
The ideal candidate is:
- Based in NYC
- Available 3 full days a week, preferably Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a 6 month duration.
- An organized self-starter.
- An exceptional creative writer with a passion for both fashion and food.
- A New York City maven. He/she knows all the coolest spots before the masses catch on.
- A content junkie; they’re constantly scouring new blogs and are inspired by aesthetically driven brands.
- Willing to go above and beyond their general responsibilities because they’re driven by company growth.
- Interested in photography and have general knowledge and/or access to a DLSR cameras.
- Photoshop or illustrator savvy, or willing to learn how to do basic graphic design.
- Interested in events and willing to help in executing.
- Willing to learn the ins-and-outs of a growing business because they are truly entrepreneurs at heart.
Non-paid but a travel stipend will be provided. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and two writing samples, and in the subject line tell us if you're team pizza, burger or taco.