RealVirtue is a new artist management and production company focused on virtual reality, motion, and imagery for branded experiences. We are offering a rare opportunity for a passionate, motivated, driven, and innovative individual to join the ground floor of a dynamic new company positioned to lead the transformation as the market for brand images evolves in the face of disruptive technology and generational shift.
The creative director drives the artistic vision for RealVirtue. He or she will set the tone for the firm and handle all aspects of creative execution including artist relationships and signings, portfolio development, and commercial engagements.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience overseeing Photo, Motion, and VR for brand marketing, advertising, editorial, and fashion.
- Articulates a clear creative vision and point-of-view through curation of portfolios, websites, and media
- Possesses strong relationships with established artists and has the ability to access up-and-coming artists and attract artists to the firm, including those from non-traditional sources.
- Guides, nurtures, and enables artists to achieve creatively across multiple disciplines of image making for branded experiences
- Maintains strong relationships with industry decision-makers including producers, advertising/creative execs, bloggers, editors, and influencers.
- Keeps up with current and anticipates future trends in retail, fashion, luxury, consumer products, and media in order to align the creative output of the firm with the market for content
- Understands the opportunities merging art and technology
The successful creative director is hands-on, tenacious, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- Maintains artists of interest for the firm and tracks the career arc of both on and off-roster artists
- Seeks input from internal peers and external network - builds relationships
- Closes the deal with newly signed artists by negotiating terms while maintaining relationships
- Supports agent and producer colleagues with assignment, placement, and production activities.
- Strong English written and verbal communication with fluency in at least one other language preferred (Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese and/or Mandarin)
- Required proficiency with cloud-based software (Google Apps); Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube); Photo, video and VR tools; Preferred proficiency with Web tools (Wordpress, Squarespace)
RealVirtue offers a salary plus generous incentive-based compensation and an industry-leading benefits package. Position is based in Los Angeles or New York with 20% travel. Qualified candidates please email email@example.com to be considered.