This is a great opportunity for a motivated hard working individual to join Cynthia Rowley's design team. We are looking for an associate designer to oversee a domestic licensee program. We are looking for a designer who will understand our brand and make sure that language stays relevant and cohesive in this licensee program. We are looking for a designer that understands a classic, colorful, fun women’s ready to wear aesthetic. This designer needs to have an eye for color and an aesthetic that is feminine with a sporty flare.
The Associate Designer is responsible for creating a seasonal color story with prints and follows a SKU plan to design a monthly deliverable collection. The associate designer will report into the design director, who will guide and edit the collection. The Associate Designer is responsible for presenting the collection to the licensee and then handing over all prints, colors, and fabrication suggestions. The Associate designer must strictly follow calendar plan.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Research seasonal trends and styling concepts
- Sketch on a computer or by hand a monthly deliverable collection
- Create a seasonal monthly deliverable including color pallet, prints, and silhouettes
- Create and edit prints
- Follow a monthly SKU plan within the collection
- Follow weekly Sell Through Reports and apply this information accordingly into the design story
- Giving style direction for the monthly deliverables
- Overseeing Bag design: handing off monthly prints and color stories (same as apparel), giving approvals and notes to licensee
- Overseeing Jewelry: giving approvals and notes on product
- Overseeing Home: handing off monthly prints and color stories (same as apparel), giving approvals and notes
- Overseeing all media: Keeping an eye on all media outlets to ensure all visuals are brand right
- Sketching on paper or computer
- Print design
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign
- Ability to work on more than one product category
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced/changing environment
Please e-mail your resume and samples of your work to email@example.com, subject line "Associate Designer."
ABOUT THE BRAND:
A leading global fashion & lifestyle brand sold in over 60 boutiques as well as in department, specialty, and online stores worldwide. The Cynthia Rowley brand currently includes sportswear and related accessories with additional categories including swimsuits; wetsuits; beauty; Rowley Eyewear, an ecommerce site featuring eyewear collections for both men and women; and ROWLEY, a recently launched fitness collection.