Purple USA is looking for an experienced Fashion Account Director to join the New York office. The Account Director will play an essential role in supporting the Managing Director and Senior Vice President of Fashion in the development and execution of: generating maximum brand exposure through creating communication strategies, profile features and launches. The Account Director must have a genuine passion for developing brands, using true initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Impeccable client liaison skills and an established network of key contacts (brands and press) are essential.
Reporting to the VP, the Account Director’s responsibilities include increasing awareness for all brands assigned to them and leading an experienced team. In this role the Account Director will promote the different clients in all activities, campaigns, special projects, shows, presentations and events to the media and to develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and media within your assigned and designated market, acting as an ambassador for Purple.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSES THE FOLLOWING KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- 8-10 years of experience as a Senior PR role within a luxury fashion industry, with a specialty in established women’s ready-to-wear brands
- Prerequisites include strong managerial and organizational skills - to oversee, manage, and develop all tasks and responsibilities set internally and by the client
- Proven track record in planning and managing the execution of large scale fashion shows during NYFW as well as presentations for emerging brands; experience must include planning internal timelines, assisting brands with securing production partners, stylists, sponsorships, seating plans, securing senior press attendees, stylists, and all responsibilities of executing a fashion show
- Experience managing a team and training junior level staff
- Solid network of editorial relationships, spanning EICs, Fashion Directors, Fashion Market Editors, Features Editors, Bloggers, Stylists, and Industry Influencers.
- A collaborative approach to client management
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced environment. Ability to work to tight deadlines. Excellent prioritizing and time management skills
- Discreet, professional and articulate, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organized, methodical and efficient, with strong initiative
- Strong presentation & writing skills
- Having a visionary and opportunistic approach to new business development
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Fashion GPS
APPLICATION PROCESS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States
- Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit www.purplepr.com