Archibald Optics is looking for a talented, creative, and dynamic candidate to work in a PR/communications role. Working within a small team, the position would require co-ordinating marketing and creative, acting as support for both sides as well as creating and designing multiple assets to support a growing luxury lifestyle brand’s numerous sales and product development projects.
Candidate must have an excellent and diverse (business, fashion and tech) editorial relationships, interpersonal skills, and a thorough knowledge of the lifestyle, tech, retail and fashion industry and trends.
Interns will be evaluated over the course of the internship and the right candidate will receive offers for full time positions.
Location: Wall Street, New York. Remote Interns will be considered in some circumstances.
Short Story: This is not a coffee run, box packing internship. Candidates will sit through an open discussion where they will learn about the brand, values, story and vision. They will then create, propose a PR/Communications plan prior to even starting. The next phase of the internship will involve a thorough analysis of your plan with a mentor who will offer advice on tweaks and train you on the core messaging points and delivery of brand values and story.
The duration of the internship will be execution of the parts of the plan that are approved by the management team.
This is a real PR opportunity and a significant step away from textbook and theory. Looking for an ambitious, talented, young publicist that wants to make a name for themselves and leapfrog their general progression.
Also, free beer on tap.
- Coordinate and execute all daily press inquiries
- Establish online and regional media contacts
- Build relationships with members of appropriate target media
- Daily administrative support for the company including but not limited to contacts, collateral and gift orders, donations and global events calendar.
- Coordinate regular best practice for sharing, media reporting and analysis.
- Be in the know on new media launches and events and present to the team for attendance and general knowledge
- Be a great representation of the brand and public identity both in office and at appropriate outside events.
- Assist with editorial, marketing and social shoots when needed.
Relationships with London based and other regional fashion consumer and lifestyle press
- Presentable and able to make contacts.
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in all social platforms and Microsoft Office Applications are a MUST. Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and outside media databases a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for creating from scratch
- Significant enthusiasm for brainstorming and collaborative work
- Someone with a great sense of humor, has a genuine interest in lifestyle, beauty and luxury brands, and whose passion is evident in their work and early rolodex.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing, organized and creative type interested in promoting a leading lifestyle brand both digitally and in-person.
Internship may be used for college credit.
Please contact email@example.com with CV and application.