With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the EugeniaKim brand was born.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offering into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and TsUM, in addition to over 300 specialty boutiques worldwide. The brand is also regularly featured in top fashion publications and has developed a cult celebrity following.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
This position plays a key role in managing and developing the Eugenia Kim specialty store business in North America. The account executive is a critical member of the wholesale team and has a responsibility to define immediate and long-term business plans, manage day-to-day business operations and client relationships, as well as to sell the collections in our NYC showroom, as well as at tradeshows. The account executive will be responsible for achieving seasonal and annual sales targets for all categories of product. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Brand Development.
Job Description/Role Requirements:
- Manage the domestic specialty store business in North America for all categories of product
- Drive business by generating new leads, open new accounts through research, prospecting and cold calling, and develop business with existing partners
- Build relationships with buyers and store-owners
- Perform weekly, monthly and end-of-season sales analysis
- Help to develop seasonal Product Knowledge book and conduct Product Knowledge seminars in stores
- Liaise with all departments including Production, Shipping and Finance to ensure timely and constructive transactions with customers
- Provide qualitative feedback and input on collections based on accounts and knowledge of market
- Responsible for selling the collections at least 4 times per year in the showroom, via phone/email and at trade shows; expediently collect orders from buyers
- Help with showroom set-up for market; help organize domestic trade shows
- Maintain the highest level of client service; act as a brand ambassador
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years wholesale sales experience at a high-end or contemporary accessories or ready-to-wear brand
- Established North American specialty store client list of accounts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong MS Office (Excel) skills. QuickBooks knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- High energy and entrepreneurial spirit; willingness to cold-call and perform road-work
- Experience with trade-shows and trunk shows
- Ability to travel domestically
Send cover letter & resume to email@example.com
PTO, Medical Insurance, Matching 401K, Transit Chek