Company: Lisa Marie Fernandez
Location: New York
Function: Production & Technical
Type: Full Time
Production Manager for women’s luxury designer label that encompasses swimwear, clothing & activewear. Price point and market positioning are in the upper range of advanced / luxury designer.
Position responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development of all collections from initial concept to final samples.
- Communicating on a daily basis with factories, fabric mills, and trim suppliers to ensure all aspects of production are on schedule, with samples and stock delivered on time.
- Estimating, negotiating and finalizing costs (post-commitment); ensuring factories are using negotiated fabric prices, agreed delivery dates, and that the garment cost sheet information is accurate, i.e. yield/consumption etc; and renegotiating or re-sourcing as necessary.
- Conducting regular visits to review production run samples and audit Quality Control.
- Assisting in the research of future collections
- Partnering with patternmaker on all fit corrections in order to regulate product consistency, quality, and best finishing techniques.
- Managing all cutting tickets per season.
- Raising invoices to suppliers and technicians, as well as follow up on payment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Production or design experience with women’s apparel is preferred but not mandatory.
The company is in an accelerated growth state. Production staff works closely with retail, commercial, logistics, and design. This position is for someone highly organized, hard-working, meticulously detail oriented and who possesses the below:
- Bachelor Degree
- 2+ years experience in a similar position with domestic manufacturing as a focus.
- Experience with sourcing and product development with both domestic and international vendors.
- Strong technical understanding of all aspects of garment manufacturing.
- MAC based computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Zedonk.
- Ability to creatively problem solve and think innovatively.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Project management skills and is comfortable handling shifting priorities / pressured deadlines in order to execute production goals, adhere to strict calendar and margin expectations.
Send CV and References to Tiffany Wattanapour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Marie Fernandez - a leading luxury lifestyle brand - encompasses diverse swim, RTW and activewear categories. Directional, impeccable and functional, Lisa Marie Fernandez designs are sold worldwide in over 30+ countries.