Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Account Manager to join its thriving beauty division.
Based in SoHo, New York, Purple represents a number of fantastic beauty brands; including, Wexler Dermatology, James Read, ODIN Fragrances, Too Cool For School, Lano, Natura Bissé, RMS Beauty, Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa, Blo Blow Dry Bars, Nicole Winhoffer, Eyeko, special projects for Maybelline, and several exciting, new client wins to be announced soon in May 2016.
You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate with 3-5 years of experience who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and has a passion for the beauty industry.
The right candidate will have excellent press contacts and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas. They will also be an articulate presenter, possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the senior staff and manage communication strategies to support the growth of the Purple’s brands
- Established, strong industry contacts with mid-level beauty press, both online and in print and with key beauty bloggers
- Ability to creatively & strategically plan and implement PR campaigns, partnerships and events, working alongside senior staff
- Manage junior members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Liaise with London team on mutual clients when necessary
- Proven success in product placement
- Create press releases that are both visually appealing and informative
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
- Assist in driving, organizing and executing PR programs in North America & Global projects
- Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- Manage and coordinate press events, new product launch events, and desksides alongside senior staff
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – PowerPoint and Photoshop experience preferred
- Knowledge & understanding of budgeting processes
- Fashion week experience is preferential
- Understands both niche and corporate brands
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests
SALARY, BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience and ability to meet all requirements
- Standard company benefits
- Standard company working hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, flexibility required during campaigns and events
- Confirmation of appointment and eligibility to benefits, subject to successful completion of a three-month probationary period
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- B.S./B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related area
- 3-5 years of communications experience, preferably within the beauty industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience and ability to manage budgets
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and print & online publications
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to jobsNY@purplepr.com, subject line PR Account Manager, Beauty
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the US
Based in SoHo, New York, with full service offices in London and Los Angeles, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Hospitality, and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation – offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.
Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement and high profile event management.
For more information, please visit www.purplepr.com