THOMAS SABO is an innovative, international lifestyle company, which manufactures jewelry, watches and beauty products for fashion-aware women and men. Our driving forces are a love of fashion and a fascination for creating innovative, highly-expressive accessories. Iconic designs from its ladies' and men's collections have acquired cult status across the world.
As our pieces make hearts beat, we have established ourselves as the “go-to” brand for fashionable people across five different continents.
Our Mission is to create fascinating products so that we can:
- inspire our customers with new creations and set trends
- spread our unique sense of style
- cultivate a love for detail
- set high industry standards using top quality materials
It is an ambitious Mission and it is coupled with a daring Strategy.
Our intent is to expand our Retail Portfolio with a Flagship Store in New York, which would open in August 2016. This “exclusive addition” will optimize our global exposure and showcase the Brand in its entirety. It will captivate a very diverse clientele, as it will showcase the World of THOMAS SABO and all of its collections, including its latest Fine Jewelry Line.
Both our Mission and Strategy thrive on the Values that define the Brand’s attitude:
- Inspiration and Creative Energy
- Passion and Drive: Making the Impossible, Possible
The Flagship Store Manager is a Brand Ambassador and will embody the spirit of THOMAS SABO.
They will effectively be responsible for all administration for the New York Flagship Store. This includes developing and implementing processes that would help with meeting and exceeding sales targets and store profitability; providing customers the ultimate THOMAS SABO experience by successfully executing the Brand’s strategy; leading and developing a team of sales professionals in providing unsurpassed customer service.
- Ensure that both your own personal sales contribution and that of your team meet and exceed performance goals set
- Demonstrates sales leadership by actively being on shop floor; works with Assistant Store Manager, and Fine Jewelry Supervisor in developing Sales Associates’ techniques so they can build customer loyalty and brand awareness through superior service
- Clienteling; ensure Sales Associates are collecting relevant customer data to assist in relationship building and using data to tailor future, personalized shopping experiences
- Works with Head of Retail in producing and executing business plan/strategy for the store, including: sales development, events, promotions, training, merchandising, etc.
- Maintains store cash handling records and reports, includes opening and closing routines, making necessary bank deposits
- Routinely reviews POS transactions, incoming/outgoing merchandise orders and inventory levels for accuracy; regularly prepares scheduled sales reports
- Oversees annual/semi-annual inventory management project
- Work with Loss Prevention Team to ensure controls are in place to minimize losses
- Supports key events/product launches; includes planning, coordinating and set-up /breakdown
- Ensures store is visually appealing by working within company directives relating to store maintenance, product placement, decorating for special events/promotions, daily cleaning
- Effectively communicates with Head of Retail regarding various issues including retail sell through, and makes necessary recommendations
- Informs Head of Retail of competitor activities/promotions
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of product; attends in-house product and brand awareness training; is keenly aware of industry and fashion trends
In addition to the above, the Flagship Store Manager has a mastered the art of relationship building. They are an integral part of the team and coach all staff members to ensure they are performing to their highest potential.
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects THOMAS SABO’S core values
- Recruit, guide and develop a team of professional sales staff, according to local HR directives
- Participates in staffing decisions including: discipline, training, assignment and termination, according to local HR directives
- Continually develop the Assistant Store Manager and the Fine Jewelry Supervisor, so they can progress with the Company as it grows.
- Work with HR on assessing Assistant Store Manager, Fine Jewelry Supervisor and Sales Associates annual performance
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere that is fun, professional, productive and team oriented; encourage ongoing dialogue with direct reports to foster new ideas and to achieve sales objectives
- Regularly and effectively communicate Company/store sales plan objectives to Assistant Store Manager, Fine Jewelry Supervisor and Sales Associates so they can achieve clearly defined sales expectations
- Scheduling; ensure the store is staffed at appropriate levels at all times
- Evaluates daily operations on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations/initiates action to enhance productivity, efficiency, effectiveness and profitability
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail environment, with proven track record in sales generation and overseeing the achievement of sales and profitability targets
- Experience must include: leadership, coaching and development of sales teams; performance management; stock/inventory management; visual merchandising
- Have a goal oriented approached; show initiative; be a problem-solver
- Be a dynamic team player, who can motivate their team and build relationships
- Have the ability to inspire trust and integrity in your team members
- Be able to work non-traditional hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and a Point of Sales (POS) system
- Have superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Be flexible to work in various roles based on business needs (front or back office)
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in either Business Administration (or related subject) or Retail Management and/or Merchandising.
Do you think you're the right fit for our team? If so, please send your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to put NY Flagship Store Manager in the Subject line.