With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offerings into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and TsUM, in addition to over 300 specialty boutiques worldwide. The brand is also regularly featured in top fashion publications and has developed a cult celebrity following.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
We are seeking an in-house PR & Marketing Manager to manage the company's PR & Marketing under the direction of the Director of Sales & Brand Development. We are looking for someone who intimately knows fashion trends, keeps current with fashion news & events and has a sophisticated level of taste. Superb communication skills are essential as are a pro-active mindset, a creative vision, a sense of urgency, a meticulous method of organization and a lucid understanding of our brand ethos.
- Secure effective press coverage (product and deigner features and news items) and develop story angles in top national, regional, television, and online media outlets that maximize brand visibility
- Maintain and cultivate strong relationships with fashion directors, key editors, stylists, bloggers and influencers in the US and overseas to ensure brand representation continues to grow worldwide
- Identify appropriate brand ambassadors and partners for collaborations on creative projects
- Work with design and production teams on exclusive and custom made pieces for editorials and/or celebrities
- Create innovative marketing strategies each season for the brand and its retail partners
- Write seasonal press release for collections, create editorial reports, send weekly press clippings to staff
- Answer all domestic and international media inquiries, field all press calls and respond appropriately
- Conceptualize and execute seasonal Press Day as well as event strategies with a focus on category and brand growth in the market
- Manage the brand's online and social media image in collaboration with the Senior Ecommerce Manager
- Oversee domestic and international sample trafficking alongside PR & Marketing Assistant
- Communicate press coverage and credits and develop a monthly report for CEO and Director of Sales & Brand Development
- Generate market & consumer analysis which will help lead price, promotion & distribution strategies
- Manage seasonal press & marketing budget
- 5+ years PR & Marketing experience with 2-3 years in a senior level PR/Marketing role
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of fashion media practices, as well as a phenomenal track record in garnering top-tier coverage in print, broadcast TV and online mediums
- Must have established relationships with fashion/lifestyle editors and stylists on a national and regional level; international is a plus
- Solid understanding of fashion/accessory trends and markets, particularly with both the high-end and advanced contemporary segments
- Strong writing and presentation skills; superior attention to detail and a clear approach to using communications to generate results
- Ability to handle and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Must have solid marketing background
- Previous experience with photo shoots, model casting, and styling
- High level of interest, and proficiency in, current media landscape and experience with outlets including blogs, communities and networks
- Bachelor’s degree -- ideally in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or Marketing
Email cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please write “PR Manager” in the subject line.