Inspired by all things striped, La Ligne is a new, NY-based womenswear brand cornering the "stripe" market in women’s fashion. Pioneering the direct-to-consumer business model within the contemporary and luxury sectors, La Ligne is focused on creating a company that is in tune with shifting consumer demands. From timeless essentials to seasonal editions, La Ligne is centered around the idea of creating clothing inspired by the versatility of lines. La Ligne’s founders include Meredith Melling and Valerie Boster, both former editors at Vogue, and Molly Howard, rag and bone’s previous Head of Business Development.
This summer internship, based in NYC, offers students the exciting opportunity to gain hands on work experience with an emerging fashion start-up. The Design and Production intern will assist both the design team and production team, gaining a unique understanding of all stages of the design process through production execution. Intern tasks will range the gamut of responsibilities within a fashion company, spanning from illustration to tech packs.
- Market research
- Help with flat sketches and assembling tech packs
- Help organize product development through production
- Assist with basic errands
- Work on special projects with the design and production teams
Qualifications: Our ideal candidates are smart and dedicated creative thinkers, willing to commit to every level of participation.
- Design major or related field of study
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction
- Experience spec’ing garment and executing tech packs
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Excel