lemlem is a small company dedicated to creating socially conscious apparel and accessories. We currently sell to retailers such as Barneys, Net a Porter and Shopbop. We are a fast paced, dedicated team and are looking for a self motivated, independent thinker who combines both detail oriented analytical skills and a great creative vision.
We are looking for a strong technical designer/ production coordinator to do the following:
- Responsible for technical design, product development and production
- Creating and updating techpacks and flat sketches in Illustrator and Excel
- Creating seasonal linesheets for sales and calculating costs and yields for each style
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Communicating and negotiating with mills and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of fabrics and trims and the best possible pricing
- Managing development and production calendar
- Creating and updating spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a UNITED STATES apparel design program
- Technical design experience and mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
- An understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- 3-5 years’ technical design or experience with apparel production
- Both domestic and overseas production experience a big plus
- Contacts or the ability to source local and overseas apparel factories and suppliers a major plus
- Experience with costing
- Experience with quality control
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. For the right candidate, this position is an amazing opportunity to learn and work in an industry you love. The position is full-time and will include benefits.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.