LA based manufacturer seeking an experienced Technical Designer and Pattern Maker preferably in the swimwear industry.
Candidates must have above average organization skill, and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Must be motivated and team players.
Associate Technical Designer
- Create/Maintain specs, tech packs, and BOM from initial development to final fit.
- Measure, evaluate, and prepare fit samples for fit/construction comment release.
- Organize and participate in live model fit sessions.
- Create and issue fit comments, sketches, corrections, etc,.
- Identify problem items early in spec development phase.
- Maintain, organize and acquire samples with WIP reports
- Communicate daily with internal team members as well as factories
- Review patterns and manipulate them on PAD
- Some Grading and QA Execute all responsibilities in timely manner.
- Computer proficient mandatory (MS Office & Windows application)
- Excel proficient mandatory
- PAD experience mandatory
- Computer Sketching skills desired
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills required
- Sewing and pattern development experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Strong ability to create patterns and knowledge of grading 3-5 years experience creating swimwear patterns
- Understand junior, missy and plus size market
- Organized and detail oriented
- Experience and knowledge with swim wear focused textiles
- Ability to prioritize efficiently
- Organize samples to be made in orderly fashion
- Create and implement an organizational system for sew room
- Organize all past patterns and current patterns
- Works well on a team
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus but not necessary
To apply, please email your resume to Amelia at email@example.com.