Women’s vacation / lounge line, Loup Charmant is hiring an Assistant Designer. We are a small team looking for a design assistant to work in house with us. We sell in fine boutiques, resorts, some spas as well as larger stores like Barney’s, Matchesfashion.com, and Shop Bop.
This Assistant Designer will be working with creative director / designer on core and new styles, developing new designs in our worldly vacation vibe, creating spec sheets, working with pattern maker, conduct fittings & work with factories.
Duties and responsibilities include :
- Creating or detailing design sketches, under a clear understanding of our vibe
- Working with patternmaker and doing fittings
- Creating tech packs / spec sheets
- Communicating designs clearly to factories
- Visit factories
- Source fabrics and trims
- Candidate may also work on other special projects outside of ‘design’ specific
- Candidate must have 2 years experience as a design assistant or intern
- Adobe suite or CAD
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in design
- Positive, Light, Can-Do attitude
- Works well with others
- Excellent Personal Style
- Quality Taste Level
- Clear communication skills – in design and verbally
- Must love Summer & Summer dressing, have a strong understanding of easy feminine dressing.
The position is Full Time or heavy Part Time.
This job is based in NY’s idyllic cove of Red Hook Brooklyn. The candidate must be able to work in Red Hook.
Hours are 10 – 6 / sometimes 7 as needed.
TO APPLY: Candidates apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate must :
- include a cover letter in email or attached,
- provide current Resume,
- include 1-3 images of your personal designs,
- List your favorite design style / designers.
- Title your SUBJECT line : DESIGN ASSISTANT APPLICATION
Candidates who do not follow these instructions are not applicable for the job.