Pilgrim Surf + Supply is seeking a highly motivated and experienced men’s and women’s Apparel Designer to join our creative staff in our studio space. Our studio is located in Brooklyn. Candidate must be based in NYC.
RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Work closely with Creative Director to create and develop 2 seasonal collections per year, both Men’s and Women’s, including: concept and inspiration, color stories, fabric/trim selection, original prints or knit/woven designs, and graphics.
- Ability to design across multiple product categories (cut & sew; wovens; knits; accessories; novelty; etc.)
- Lead design meetings and prepare professional visual presentations that include both hand-sketched and CAD illustrations, graphics, garment references, fabric inspiration, and detailed construction call-outs.
- Conduct continuous market research and be keenly aware of current and projected seasonal trends in both the US and Japanese contemporary market.
- Daily communication, follow-up, and confirmation with international cross functional teams (design; production; logistics)
- Work with Technical Design team during sample review meetings to ensure ideal fit and maintain design integrity from initial concept to production.
- Work closely with overseas Japanese Production team to maintain design concept throughout production process.
- Manage minimal domestic sourcing and production for novelty apparel and accessories.
- Maintain detailed time action calendars, line sheets, and costing tools.
- Lead and maintain collaborative projects with third-party brands.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS:
- 1-3 years previous design and/or production experience
- Interest in Pilgrim Surf + Supply and an understanding of the company’s culture and the brand’s aesthetic; strong interest and/or experience in surfing preferred
- Ability to multitask and be a team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated creative visual presentation and leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Previous work with international teams a plus
- Previous experience in an associate or senior design capacity preferred; ability to both self-manage and take direction from the Creative Director
- Thorough working knowledge of garment construction and finishes
- Some working knowledge of all aspects of the process: design, product development, merchandising, production, and logistics
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Microsoft Excel
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.