Salary: Commiserate with Experience, plus health benefits and vacation allowance
Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Digital Strategist to join its thriving beauty division.
Based in SoHo, New York, Purple represents a number of fantastic beauty brands; including, Wexler Dermatology, James Read, ODIN Fragrances, Too Cool For School, Lano, Natura Bissé, RMS Beauty, Julien Farel Restore Salon & Spa, Blo Blow Dry Bars, Nicole Winhoffer, Eyeko, special projects for Maybelline, and several exciting, new client wins to be announced soon in May 2016.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum 1-2 years of experience in the online beauty marketing & communications industry, be results driven and have a proven track record in successfully implementing a digital strategy, while also demonstrating a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas.
The right candidate will hard-working and proactive, and will have a proven track record in social media strategy across community management, content creation, promotions and online blogger/influencer campaigns. They will also be an articulate presenter, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social media community management, content creation, social media promotions, partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach initiatives, and analytics
- Support account leads and help develop and manage initiatives in the digital space, including: strategy, planning & implementation of press launches, collaborations and events
- Monitor and benchmark social media activities of other competing brands
- Identify and track emerging trends, initiatives, and vendors in the digital space and develop relevant client applications
- Develop social media content to be deployed across brand-owned social media communities
- Analyze outcomes and create reports summarizing results
- Established, industry contacts with digital influencers and bloggers across the beauty, lifestyle and fashion sectors
- Manage interns; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Liaise with London team on mutual clients when necessary
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
- Assist in driving, organizing and executing digital PR programs in North America & Global projects
- Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – PowerPoint and Photoshop experience preferred
- Understands both niche and corporate brands
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests
SALARY, BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience and ability to meet all requirements
- Standard company benefits
- Standard company working hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, flexibility required during campaigns and events
- Confirmation of appointment and eligibility to benefits, subject to successful completion of a three-month probationary period
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- 1-2 years of digital and social media marketing experience with established agency or similar role for in-house marketing department; preferably within the beauty sector
- B.S./B.A. degree required
- Must possess superior understanding of existing social media landscape including new and innovative tools, platforms, vendors, and technologies
- Direct experience working with social media campaigns, promotions management and reporting
- Social community management experience; including, content calendar creation, content development, copywriting, response paths, and social crisis management
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and conversation monitoring tools (Sysomos, Radian6, Brandwatch, Fohr Card, etc.)
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to jobsNY@purplepr.com.
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the US
Based in SoHo, New York, with full service offices in London and Los Angeles, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Hospitality, and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation – offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.
Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement and high profile event management.
For more information, please visit www.purplepr.com