Exciting opportunities at beautiful work space in TriBeCa. We, as a team of Satomi Kawakita Jewelry, all value and showcase the highest standards of craftmanship and work ethic in all aspects of the job and require everyone who joins us to do the same. We want someone who loves what we create, what we offer, and what you are going to do with us. We also take great pride in creating a workplace that is like an extended family and offer great benefits for full time employees.
Please read the below carefully for our current opening position(s) and if you think you are the right person, please email us with your resume. No phone calls accepted. Please note that we will only contact the candidates selected for interview.
Sales Operations Manager (full-time)
We are looking for someone who will lead our sales team and manage daily sales operation. Self-starter who is accountable, responsible, highly-motivated, and not afraid of the challenge of taking a crucial role in a rapidly growing jewelry company. S/he has to be an absolute team-player as well as a great leader of our amazing ladies who pride themselves on helping customers and business partners with warm, professional and respectful manners to match our beautiful jewelry.
This position is responsible for overseeing the achievement of the sales and operational objectives and ensuring to deliver high-quality service to our customers. This includes, but not limited to, marketing, overseeing wholesale operation, providing customer service, operating online store. This position is also responsible for the supervision of all Sales Staff.
- 5+ years experience in either retail, customer relations or account management, preferably in jewelry industry
- 3+ years experience in managing/supervising of 5 people or more
- Efficiency with computer technology and work experience of variety of software programs such as MS Excel, Word, Photoshop, QuickBooks Online, E-Commerce Application, etc., and willingness to learn further
- Ability to plan and execute multiple sales-related projects
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Authorized to work in the U.S. and ability to travel when necessary
- Experience in e-commerce store management
- Japanese language skills or experience with Japanese cooperate clients is a BIG plus
Sales Associate/Wedding Specialist (full-time)
We are looking for someone who loves our jewelries and loves helping customers with warm, professional and respectful manners. This person has to be a kind, friendly people-person because s/he will have to work closely with not only the customers but also the other staff members for smooth daily operations. Your typical day would be making appointments with customers, giving them a wedding consultation in our showroom (we are not storefront and do not accept walk-in customers), answer to email inquires from customers, and process online orders. May have to work on Saturdays occasionally.
All aspects of customer service. Conduct wedding band consultation. Online store operation. Assist with the inventory management. Assist wholesale operation and administrative tasks as directed.
- 1+ year Work Experience in Customer Service or Retail
- Strong communication skills. Both written and verbal
- Jewelry making experience and/or gemstone knowledge is a big plus and eager to learn more
- Associate's degree or higher
- Efficiency with computer technology and work experience of variety of software programs such as MS Excel, Word, Photoshop, E-Commerce applications, etc.
- Japanese/English bilingual is a big plus but not must
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Detail-oriented and able to do multi-task. Nice, flexible, responsible and patient. Otherwise you are not going to love this job.
If you do not have enough experience but would like to give it a try, we are also open to let you start as a part time Customer Service Representative, possible for full-time hire.
To apply, please email your resume at email@example.com.