SHADES OF GREY, a fashion event and photo production company, is hiring a part-time office assistant to be based out of its office in DUMBO Brooklyn, New York.
This is an part-time position at 3 days per week, and includes responsibility for assisting with ongoing agency operations. The position will involve hands-on work with, and reporting to, the agency owner.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Support agency operations in administrative role
- Oversee and maintain office filing systems, both physical and digital, insuring physical / digital parity
- Oversee office mail - ingoing and outgoing, printing of postage, FedEx items as needed
- Take lead on internal agency projects: updating and maintaining agency content digital archive, social media accounts, newsletter, website
- Interface between agency owner, legal, and financial advisory as needed
- Oversee regular company service accounts, including FedEx, messenger, phone, internet, etc.
- Maintain office supply list and office supply count, re-order as needed
- Personal administrative assistance to owner as needed
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- True passion for organization and consistency — enjoyment in developing, adhering to, enforcing and continually improving operational standards (from file naming and archiving protocol, to developing templates with consistent font systems for the labels on the folders in the cabinet)
- Excellent formal business communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Professional judgment and ethics, as well as business acumen and discretion
- Strong analytic abilities and obsessive attention to detail — being able to quickly identify key information, discrepancies, updates and differences within a high-volume information environment
- Extreme aptitude in distilling, organizing and presenting information effectively — including creating presentations, agendas, and spreadsheets that are as effective at communicating key information to clients, vendors and partners as they are beautiful
- An eye for clarity and clean and simple design — someone who is keenly aware of look and feel across all communication channels
- True digital nativity — spot the difference between a 100MB and 6MB PDF, and know when each is appropriate
- Ability to rationally multi-task — maintain multiple ongoing initiatives in an organized manner that can be quickly communicated to team
- Ability to prioritize and delegate based on immediacy — assessing current workload, and prioritizing based on your contextual awareness of client deadlines, dealbreaker situational deadlines, and internal priorities
- Ability to keep both your supervisor and direct reports proactively updated
- Full mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Apple Keynote, including advanced formatting and functionality
- Full mastery of Mac OS and iOS
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant work and/or internship experience
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
A minimum of three professional references are required, and will be contacted.
Please submit your PDF resume along with a brief description of your interest and relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Part-Time Office Assistant."