CALLING ALL STUDENTS! Material Wrld is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial summer intern with a passion for designer women’s products, obsession with operational efficiency, and excellent attention to detail. Our interns will work cross functionally between our teams for a well rounded and thorough experience. Daily tasks will be balanced between our core teams: Operations, Merchandising, Customer Experience, eCommerce, and Photography.The ideal candidate has a positive self-starter attitude who loves goal setting.
About Material Wrld
Material Wrld is the leading luxury fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn upfront shopping credit to 700+ of your favorite stores including Bloomingdale's and Barneys. Items collected from trade-ins find their new homes through resale or donation - not to a landfill. Some of the trade-in items are available for sale at our sister site The Wrld.
Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates in 2012, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, ABC News, InStyle, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, and TechCrunch. We are headquartered in Brooklyn's creative Industry City community in Sunset Park.
- Experience a fast growing start-up environment as a member of the team
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Contribute to and improve your skills in merchandising, marketing strategy, business development, and operations
- Gain hands on knowledge of luxury apparel, handbag, and accessory attributes such as material and price
- Learn about unique features of popular luxury and contemporary brands and current fashion trends
- Work in an environment where your opinion matters and you can make a large impact
- Perform daily hands-on work with a high volume of secondhand designer merchandise including receiving, pricing, product tagging and product attribution and copywriting
- Complete quality control review of incoming merchandise ensuring brand and condition guidelines are met
- List products for sale on eCommerce and maximize listing performance with thorough product attribution, copywriting, and titling
- Work cross functionally with Photography, Operations, Customer, and Technology teams on collaborative projects to improve operational efficiency, customer experience, and maximize sales
- Support end-to-end eCommerce fashion operations
- Conduct and share strategic research projects including market research and competitors’ analysis
- Assist merchandising team in social media and eCommerce content’s developing
- Responsibilities are not limited to above. We welcome your creative ideas and opinions!
Skills and Requirements
- Internship position (experience in women’s contemporary and designer fashion and/or secondhand market a plus)
- Loves fashion and has excellent product knowledge of fashion brands across contemporary, advanced designer, and luxury (secondhand market a plus)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and dynamic startup environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful and adaptable, able to multi-task and work independently
- Natural problem solver and a fast learner
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Free lunch 3x per week. Summer Fridays. Lunch and learn series. Discounts on designer merchandise. Monthly team outing.
- As a minimum, we require a 30 hrs / week commitment for this unpaid internship. This is an excellent opportunity for students who want to make a large impact at a dynamic fashion tech startup and gain valuable hands-on experience in online fashion.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Rachel at email@example.com with the subject line Material Wrld Intern. Must be able to receive academic credit.
Additional opportunities available at www.materialwrld.com/careers/