The Merchandise Planner is responsible for the analysis and recommendations that achieve the highest level of inventory availability to stores and regions. This position will perform basic assortment review and analysis for TADASHI SHOJI's ecommerce & retail stores and effectively communicate proposed inventory optimizations to drive positive business results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving sales and inventory turnover to maximize profitability; the coordination and review of merchandise assortments.
- Analyze the business and shares information with the replenishment team to support the accurate and timely replenishment of inventory for new and existing items in the assortment.
- Responsible for creating annual and seasonal sales and margin plans for all buyers.
- Work with the buyers to ensure current and future product mixes support merchandising and category goals.
- Ensure the effective governance of merchandise planning and policies for the development and delivery of sales, margin, inventory productivity, and additional financial metrics.
- Create strategies for merchandising process improvement to achieve better economies, efficiencies and management of operations.
- Establish and provide the buying departments with projections, seasonal buys and initial buy quantities as required by each business category.
- Post season analysis – Analyze the prior season’s performance and communicate wins and losses to the leadership team to help prepare for future seasons.
- Critical decision making - sales opportunities, markdowns, receipts, OTB, promotions, supplier analysis, RTV and rebate suggestions.
- Analyze merchandise sales, inventory and profitability.
- 4-year/university Degree (e.g. Bachelor's) in Business or related field; two additional years' experience is generally accepted in lieu of degree level education (applies to 4-year Degree or greater)
- 5 years' retail relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation
- Retail Math including intricacies of open to buy and gross margin, retail and financial experience, understanding and familiarity of retail planning software
- Familiarity with merchandise management systems
- PC literate with working knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets, formulas, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources
- High degree of professionalism
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line Merchandise Planner.