Material Wrld is seeking a highly motivated entry level Buyer with a passion for designer women’s products, obsession with operational efficiency, and excellent attention to detail. You will be responsible for processing and merchandising secondhand designer clothing, handbags, and shoes. Daily tasks including receiving, pricing, tagging, quality control checks, product attribution and copywriting for eCommerce, and buyer returns processing. The ideal candidate has a positive self-starter attitude who loves goal setting.
About Material Wrld
Material Wrld is the leading luxury fashion trade-in service. Upgrading your closet has never been so easy and guilt-free. Women send us designer fashions they no longer wear to earn upfront shopping credit to 700+ of your favorite stores including Bloomingdale's and Barneys. Items collected from trade-ins find their new homes through resale or donation - not to a landfill. Some of the trade-in items are available for sale at our sister site The Wrld (thewrld.com).
Founded by experienced online fashion professionals and Harvard Business School graduates in 2012, Material Wrld has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, ABC News, InStyle, Refinery29, Women’s Wear Daily, and TechCrunch. We are headquartered in Brooklyn's creative Industry City community in Sunset Park.
- Perform daily hands-on work with a high volume of secondhand designer merchandise including receiving, pricing, product tagging and product attribution and copywriting
- Complete quality control review of incoming merchandise ensuring brand and condition guidelines are met
- List products for sale on eCommerce and maximize listing performance with thorough product attribution, copywriting, and titling
- Meet daily department performance goals with excellent speed and accuracy
- Work cross functionally with Photography, Operations, Customer, and Technology teams on collaborative projects to improve operational efficiency, customer experience, and maximize sales
Skills and Requirements
- Entry level position (experience in women’s contemporary and designer fashion and/or secondhand market a plus)
- Loves fashion and has excellent product knowledge of fashion brands across contemporary, advanced designer, and luxury (secondhand market a plus)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and dynamic startup environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful and adaptable, able to multi-task and work independently
- Natural problem solver and a fast learner
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Highly motivated towards daily goal setting
Starting hourly rate for this position is $12/hr.
To apply, please send your resume to Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.