updownacross is a new, direct-to-consumer fashion brand that has the look and feel of luxury designer wear, with a shockingly accessible price point. The pieces are clean, minimal, utilitarian, masculine, bold, urban, and architectural, with a focus on subtle details. New pieces will be released on the updownacross website on the 15 of every month – consumers can see it, buy it, wear it, and kill it.
We are seeking a full-time in-house PR & Marketing Manager with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape and 1 - 3 years relevant experience with a successful fashion or lifestyle brand.
- Develop and implement new initiatives to increase brand visibility
- Research and identify local tastemakers and bloggers for brand partnerships
- Facilitate brand activations, from event conception to hands on event participation
- Handle all day-to-day public relations and marketing efforts for the brand
- Pitch and secure consistent brand-appropriate coverage within short and long lead media outlets
- Oversee and provide reports in a timely manner
- Manage all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook) by developing quality content that reinforces the brands message
- Work with e-commerce manager to ensure brand messaging and content (i.e. product descriptions, brand messaging, e-blasts, etc.) is within SEO standards
- Execute strategies for growing e-commerce and online brand awareness i.e. Google Adwords & Facebook advertising campaigns
- Launch SEO and PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns
- Support creative team with photo shoot activities for seasonal look books, campaigns and press materials
- Prepare and supervise the development and production of press kits, press releases and marketing collateral
- Develop answers to all media inquiries; oversee and execute media requests as it pertains to product distribution to outlets and handle interview arrangements
- Help support in securing editorial features and news items, develop story angles, write/edit press releases and maintain a monthly PR calendar
- Degree in PR/Marketing/Digital Marketing / Graphic Design / Business Development
- 1 - 2 years of ecommerce experience
- Experience in influencer marketing
- Excellent writing skills, a highly effective communicator with internal staff and press
- Very well versed in fashion and entertainment culture
- Previous media relations and media pitching experiences
- Experience Designing sales/marketing materials, including sell sheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Knowledge of fashion bloggers / Fashion industry Fashion Blogging
- CAD/ Photoshop CC/ Illustrator
- Knowledge of SEO/Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising
- Expert knowledge of various social platforms, including Facebook & Instagram
- Ability to self-monitor time management and work effectively with little instruction
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, small group setting
- VERY organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Hard-working, and self-motivated with a great attitude.
- Collaborative, positive minded individual; team-oriented approach
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Google drive, Dropbox
- 40 hours week. Flexible schedule.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Qualified applicants, please submit your resumes and cover letters to Joann: firstname.lastname@example.org