Title: Regional Manager
Location: Journelle Headquarters, New York City
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Journelle is a multi-channel lingerie retailer. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates 4 retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to creating lingerie lovers. We aim to go above and beyond to make women feel beautiful and confident, starting from the inside out. Journelle offers a unique combination of elevated product and exceptional service, while providing a seamless and enjoyable omni-channel customer experience. We are headquartered in New York City, and currently have 66 employees as part of our family.
Journelle is seeking a Regional Manager to join the senior leadership team. The Regional Manager will be responsible for overseeing the 4 (and growing) Journelle retail locations as well as the Customer Care team. This important leadership role of Regional Manager requires a deep level of functional expertise, a visionary perspective on how to further our company and brand missions, and a passion for teams and people management.
This role requires a unique individual:
- A collaborative leader: The Regional Manager will lead the Store and Customer Care management team. This role has 5 direct reports: the 4 Store Managers and the 1 Customer Care Team Lead. He or she will develop these direct reports, ensuing that they have the training and tools to do their jobs effectively. The Regional Manager is responsible for helping these leaders to grow and progress in their skills and careers.
- A visionary: The Regional Manager will be responsible for identifying opportunities for improvement. These include, but are not limited to: customer service practices, hiring and training, merchandising, sales methodologies, operations processes, and people management. The Regional Manager will be a keen observer of the way we do business, gather feedback from her management team, our customers, and our competitors, and will identify best practices.
- A precise executor: The Regional Manager will develop and execute key initiatives, as agreed upon with the CEO. Where he/she is unfamiliar with how to approach a new project, he/she is excited to learn quickly. These efforts will be expected to drive significant business growth.
- A representative: He or she will also more informally guide the company, through work in cross-functional teams, to make sure the stores and Customer Care teams are in alignment with other Journelle efforts. The Regional Manager must be adept at leading both vertically and across the organization.
This is an exempt position.
- Ensure Managers develop and manage their staff through the use of best practices
- Models and coaches managers on how to manage frontline employees, including coaching great employees to be even stronger, managing poor performance, and regularly delivering feedback
- Plans and executes excellent training for both Associates and Managers. This includes both onboarding and ongoing training
STORE AND CUSTOMER CARE OUTCOMES
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Responsible for monitoring and maintaining consistently excellent customer service across locations
- PHYSICAL SITE: Claims ownership of the store and is proactive in facilitating repairs, emergency responses and other maintenance activities as needed
- FINANCIAL: Responsible for all locations exceeding revenue and cost budgets
- Experiments regularly (but cautiously) with new practices to improve customer service, the daily functioning of the store and Customer Care work, and employee satisfaction
- Ensures adequate staffing across stores and Customer Care
- Protects inventory and inventory accuracy
- Ensures accurate accounting records for all transactions
- Is responsive to store emergencies, even on days off
ANALYTICS AND TECH
- Develop robust KPIs, and conduct range of analyses in NetSuite and Excel to monitor performance and assist decision making and strategic direction
- Leads the development and/or rollout of new software in store and customer care teams.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3+ years in team management
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel and familiarity with Macs
- Interest in lingerie and retail industry
- Ability to look beyond where Journelle is today, and envision a different way of doing things
- Experienced in change management. Understands how to stage change so that we can both move quickly and mitigate risk
- Experience managing the performance of direct reports, including delivering feedback, setting and communicating clear expectations
- Experience “managing managers.” This requires a focus on skills development, and a partnership approach to coaching
- Able to understand KPIs for the business and track to them
- Able to synthesize data and work in Excel to form independent analyses and conclusions.
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
TEAM & CULTURE
- Strong communication and intrapersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for the customer
- Value for debate and discourse
- Self-aware, development focused mindset
- Ability to self-motivate and maintain momentum in ambiguous situations
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Regional Manager.