Purple is seeking a PR Account Manager with a specialization in lifestyle public relations to join the team in our New York office. Our offices are based in downtown New York with a full service office in London, and newly opened office in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum 2+ years PR experience in the design, architecture, hospitality, travel, real estate, and luxury lifestyle industry, be results driven and have a proven track record in successfully garnering optimal media placements on behalf of clients. They will have excellent press contacts and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas. They will also possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
- A proven track record of executing results driven media relations campaigns on behalf of clients spanning luxury lifestyle, including design, travel, real estate, architecture, spirts, etc.
- Liaising with clients, press and key influencer contacts to support all needs, including: monthly coverage reports and ad hoc requests
- Pro-actively pitch and secure maximum editorial opportunities. Maintain press interest in existing campaigns and maintain ‘buzz’ around new launches
- Daily press interaction; nurture and develop high level strategic relationships with media across all channels via regular communication, press appointments, property visits, etc.
- Writing press releases, bios, company boiler plates and fact sheets
- Managing Junior level staff and interns
Skills and qualities required:
- Established press, blogger and influencer contacts
- Excellent knowledge of all media including strong understanding of digital landscape and social media platforms
- You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a small team and has a passion for media. An understanding of the lifestyle and hospitality industry is vital.
- Experience managing high profile clients within the realm of travel, design, hospitality, luxury lifestyle goods, and art & culture
- 2+ years of lifestyle PR experience, agency or in-house
- Existing contacts with national design, architecture, hospitality, lifestyle & online media
- Experience overseeing product and showroom launches, new projects, large-scale events, creating compelling brand partnerships, and having worked across the agency to seek out client collaborations.
- Experience managing account teams and developing/mentoring junior staff
- Portfolio of previous secured press clips, including features, profiles, news items, event coverage, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States
- Please send CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, subject line Account Manager, Lifestyle.
Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including beauty, fashion, lifestyle, hospitality, and music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation—offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Founded in London in 1998, Purple now has offices in London, New York City and Los Angeles. The agency’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, cultural partnerships and programming, product placement, and high profile event management.
For more information, please visit www.purplepr.com