Founded in 2007 by supermodel and philanthropist Liya Kebede, lemlem is a socially conscious apparel collection for women, men and children produced by local artisans entirely in Africa. Known for its modern aesthetic through traditional techniques, The collection currently sells to top retailers worldwide including Barneys, Net a Porter, Selfridges, Bon Marche, and Shopbop. We are a fast paced, dedicated team and are looking for a self motivated, independent thinker who can bring both technical skills and a great creative vision to the team.
We are looking for a strong technical designer/ production coordinator to do the following:
- Responsible for technical design, product development and production
- Creating and updating flat sketches and techpacks in Illustrator and Excel
- Calculating costs and yields for all styles
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Communicating and negotiating with mills and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of fabrics and trims and the best possible pricing
- Managing development and production calendar
- Creating and updating spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
- Creating seasonal linesheets for sales
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a UNITED STATES apparel design program
- Technical design experience and mastery of Illustrator and Excel
- An understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- A minimum of 2 years technical design or experience with apparel production
- Both domestic and overseas production experience a big plus
- Experience with costing
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment. For the right candidate, this position is an amazing opportunity to learn and work in an industry you love. The position is full-time with benefits.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Technical Designer / Production Assistant, lemlem.