About Visual Country
Visual Country is a women-owned video production company and digital agency. We have a strong focus in stop motion animation, 2D animation and live action short form video content. A few of the 200+ major brands we’ve worked with are YSL, HBO, Apple, Google, Clinique, Haagen Dazs, Ritz Carlton, Mercedes, Taco Bell and Bank of America. You will join a small team of creative, entrepreneurial individuals who are in the center of Visual Country’s innovation.
Visual Country is looking for a publicist to plan our PR strategy and maintain all aspects of public relations. Main goals would be to secure corporate speaking at conferences and panels, as well as placement in accredited publications in the tech, design, food, fashion and digital media industry. Publicist will be in charge of all writing and communication for articles and interviews. This is a freelance position with flexible hours. We’d prefer you to work on-site in our studio three days a week.
- Maintain a continuous dialogue with the press, strategically sharing quotes from our CEO & Creative Director when appropriate.
- Lead the development, execution, and measurement of corporate speaking and awards programs.
- Develop network of industry contacts; participate in relevant professional associations and become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces.
- Maintaining relationships with journalists and bloggers at any number of titles — we are not working in one category so you will need to build or have already built relationships with technology, music, food, fashion and advertising publications.
- Writing press materials and marketing materials on behalf of VC.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Established relationships with reporters, producers, and bookers across the media spectrum
- The ability to work quickly and effectively, often managing several projects under deadline
- Background in tech and digital preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and letter telling us a bit about yourself, your past experience with PR and anything else you think would be helpful for us to know. Email email@example.com, subject line Corporate Communications PR Manager.
Visual Country is an equal opportunity workplace.
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience.