Hi! We're Catbird, a fine jewelry label based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We're currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional to join our growing team. The Assistant Communications Manager will report directly to the Communications Manager. S/he will work in a fast-paced, cross functional role across public relations, digital, social media, and brand management.
- assist in the planning of our quarterly public relations and marketing strategy.
- project manage all brand initiatives - launch events, partnerships, designs collaborations, pop-ups and in-store events.
- manage sample trafficking and LORs in a timely manner.
- maintain monthly press clippings, including circulating recaps company wide.
- field all editorial requests.
- assist with celebrity/red carpet pulls and act as primary stylist liaison.
- support manager in proactively pitching Catbird brand profiles and features.
- manage pitching regional and wedding specific media outlets.
- manage influencer outreach and affiliate/rewardStyle program.
- create bi-monthly new arrivals document and circulate to market editors.
- assist in development, planning, and circulation of annual look book.
- maintain online press page.
- manage Catbird customer service voice and interactions across all Catbird social media channels, with support from Catbird customer service team.
- manage seasonal intern.
- 2-3 years experience in public relations, with integrated digital experience.
- knowledge of the shifting media landscape, with contacts in the traditional print, online, and influencer space.
- agency background preferred but not required.
- passion for independent brands and a start-up growth mentality!
This is a full time position, on location in our beautiful Williamsburg office. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please tell us why you would be a good fit for Catbird in the body of your email and attach a resumé and any relevant links to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference "Assistant Communications Manager" in the subject line of your message.
Catbird is a women-led business, founded in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in 2004. We have a strong commitment to knowing the provenance of the goods we sell. We work closely with our designers and create our core collection in our Brooklyn studio using recycled or fair-trade gold and conflict-free stones.