Imagine being able to accomplish anything you want in your home & garden, regardless of your budget or skill level. With a fast-growing audience of over 21 million monthly visits, Hometalk, the largest DIY community on the web, enables and empowers you to do just that. By providing a platform for individuals to share ideas and exchange advice, we’re helping people live beautifully, one DIY project at a time.
How can you help fulfill this vision? We’re looking for a passionate and creative community manager to inspire and empower the Hometalk community to share ideas advice and inspiration on Hometalk.
- Onboard new members to help them benefit from Hometalk
- Work with the team to move Hometalkers along the engagement funnel through email correspondence, phone calls, and occasional meetings IRL
- Help manage Hometalk’s Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Moderate site to ensure full compliance with Hometalk community guidelines
- Post projects, partake in discussions, comment your heart out on Hometalkers’ posts!
- Be a familiar face and go-to person for the community’s questions and needs and reinforce Hometalk community values with all communication
- You have strong communication skills, you’re outgoing, friendly, and love working with people
- You have good judgement - you understand others’ needs and know how to take a tactful approach to sensitive situations
- You’re a great writer and super organized. Period.
- You thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth.
- Be part of our explosive growth and exciting future ahead!
- Gorgeous office in a friendly co-working space
- Chelsea/Flatiron location - great access to main subway lines
- Free lunch three times a week, fully stocked kitchen and wine cooler
- Chill zone (couches, playstation, Apple TV, pool table)
- DIY Fridays!
Benefits package: health, holidays and PTO.
Kind and supportive team and a highly engaged user-base that’ll rock your world
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply, subject line Junior Community Manager.