KFD PR is a boutique beauty and wellness communications agency based in New York City. Our client roster spans across the beauty, lifestyle, and health + wellness sectors, working with clients such as Michelle Phan, ipsy, Juice Beauty, TULA, Onomie, and many more.
KFD PR offers a unique opportunity for interns to gain hands-on experience, practical knowledge, and professional exposure to the PR industry. Our goal is to provide our interns with a valuable and fun experience.
The ideal intern is computer savvy, informed about current industry trends, and has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have strong communication and writing skills, and maintain professionalism with clients, press and coworkers across a variety of circumstances (events, meetings, and daily office environments). Interns will be provided one-on-one mentorship meetings with different staff members and walk away with a robust portfolio of work.
- Assist in the writing of press releases and other press materials
- Media monitoring, updating publicity reports, clipping/archiving articles in print, online and broadcast media
- Build media lists and research press outlets for targeted outreach
- Assist with editorial requests
- Maintain and regularly update media contact lists
- Organizing and maintaining sample inventory
- Assisting teams in preparation for calls, meetings, product launches and events
- Engage in agency-wide creative/brainstorming sessions
- Assist in preparation of client events and activations
- Ideal availablity two days per week (times flexible)
- Preferably an Undergraduate or Graduate student in the New York area
- School credit is available upon request
- Must be able to work out of our office located in the Financial District
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic and motivated! We are a small team, and we’re looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is ready to dive into multiple projects at once
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail a resume and short cover letter to email@example.com.
- Cover letter should include some background on your interest in public relations/communications and beauty / lifestyle / health + wellness industries, relevant coursework, and prior internship experience.