Marc Fisher Footwear is an up & coming footwear licensee with its own private label brand, along with the production and design licenses for Kendall & Kylie, Sigerson Morrison, Belle, GUESS, Tommy Hilfiger and Ivanka Trump footwear. There are lots of perks and discounts!
About the Internship
New York based footwear company seeks Public Relations/Marketing interns! Prospective candidates should LOVE fashion, and be passionate followers of the industry! We seek creative, outgoing, self-motivated individuals who are eager to gain hands-on experience in the field of fashion public relations, and to see firsthand how a fashion company handles the design, production, and distribution of goods. The student will develop an in-depth understanding of the role of public relations function through media contacts, PR writing assignments and strategic brand positioning.
Above all, this internship will help the student to develop the skills necessary for an entry-level position at a PR agency or in-house PR department.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- fulfilling magazine and stylist sample requests
- brainstorming online and social media initiatives
- social media analysis of our brands and competitors
- tracking of website assets/compilations of all web assets
- assist marketing manager on seasonal shoot prep
- staying up-to-date on print and digital fashion publications
- sending product pitches to editors
- reception duties
- maintaining showroom
- monitoring product placements
- preparing for market appointments, press previews and various events
- forging new press and media relationships
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must! Applicant should be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. A love of fashion is a necessity, and strong computer and data management skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop) are appreciated. Prior experience in fashion/PR is a plus, as is experience with Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr!
Interns MUST be eligible to receive school credit! Weekly schedule is flexible, but we ask that the student dedicate 3 days a week to this position.
Please send resumes ASAP to cgallicano@FISHERFOOTWEAR.COM, subject line PR/Marketing Internship.