Matt Bernson, a contemporary accessories and footwear brand based in Tribeca, seeks an in-house Public Relations Coordinator to nurture a strong industry network, increase brand awareness and develop an enviable brand image by developing and executing an effective communication and media relations program.
The position has a strong focus on digital initiatives, social media, online editorial placement and influencer outreach.
The right candidate for the job…
- will seek out meaningful events in order to build designer profile
- …is outgoing and proactive in reaching out to others
- …has a great work ethic
- …is a self-starter
- …is detail oriented
- …has exceptional speaking and writing skills (note: a writing sample will be required)
- …is computer / tech savvy
As our Public Relations Coordinator, you will work with the Founder & President to:
- Develop a marketing communications plan, including strategy, goals, budget and action plan
- Develop a media relations strategy - seeking high-level placements in print, TV and/or online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within industry
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results monthly
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with influencers to grow brand awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Experience in public relations
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Solid experience with social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line PR Coordinator.