We are seeking a talented and original Deputy Online Styling Editor, NET-A-PORTER, with strong fashion sense, to work along with the Global Online Styling Editor, Online Styling Editor and the Online styling team with in bringing the NET-A-PORTER repertoire of products to life. You will use innovative and eye catching styling and thereby constantly improve the shopping experience at NET-A-PORTER.
- Work with the Global Online Styling Editor and Online Styling Editor (OSE) on a day to day basis to manage the Online Styling team.
- Create seasonal presentations (when needed) for all the new brands aiming to develop and educate the team to be able to style these brands.
- Sit in reviews and weekly catch ups and contribute to ideas about the team’s development.
- Guide and help develop the more junior members of the team when needed.
- Style and be able to shoot a rail of products at the highest standards when necessary.
- Work with the OSE in checking outfits on a daily basis and give direction along to the seasonal trends and the buyer’s info. Make sure that all outfits are On Brand, on Trend and editorially relevant.
- Ensuring that Styling on the site is at all times at the highest of the standards. Review all shots and videos in what’s new at staging prior to each upload and feedback to OSE with suggestions.
- Work closely with OSE to ensure that the team is using enough slow selling products and conviction PIDs and avoid repetition without compromising in styling.
- Give detailed feedback from the contacts and call any reshoots when needed. Follow up to make sure that comments will be completed in time for the upload.
- Establish a strong relationship with Editorial knowing in advance the future content of the magazine that is relevant to styling; feedback weekly on the team aiming to connect the Editorial content with what’s new.
- Review styling and representation of key brands on the site and feed back with a plan of action and suggestions to the OSE.
- Review underperforming brands/PIDs and come up with a plan of action.
- Work with the Online Styling Team leader to ensure that reshoots are done in time and there is a smooth flow in the Online Styling Team.
- Support the OSE by providing regular feedback on team and individual performances.
- Provide training and support to new recruits and monitor general team’s performance.
- Work closely with the US OSE and support the US team when needed.
- Style at the highest standards any ‘’tricky’’ items or special projects at very tight deadlines.
- Oversee special business projects
- Stand in for the OSE in meetings when she is not available
- Work closely with Studio co-ordinator and the OSE making sure we have a strong pull of models. Review castings and make decisions when necessary.
- Capable of resolving complex issues when relevant and communicate workflow status and concerns to Studio Production Manager and Studio Production Coordinator.
- Be able to identify areas for a more efficient and smoother work flow and feed back to the OSE and the studio coordinators.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant styling experience in an editorial/luxury fashion & commercial environment
- Experience working with models
- A strong and thorough knowledge of designers and brands
- A real sense of runway looks and what trends are happening each season
- Flair and individuality combined with awareness of NET-A-PORTER house style
- Experience of training and developing people
- Able to work well under pressure and motivate a team in a fast paced environment
- Strong fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines and exceptional eye for detail
- Excellent work ethic
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the image quality of the site and studio processes
- Good time management
Location: You will be based at our Mahwah, NJ office
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working Monday-Friday
To Apply: Please submit an updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to this role. Click here to apply.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and nine distribution centers across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for luxury companies who want to directly connect with their online customers.The Group reaches more than 2 million high-spending customers and 24 million unique visitors through its unique combination of six multi-brand e-commerce sites, 39 Online Flagship Stores, 5 publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit ynap.com.
We are an equal employer opportunity.