We have a fantastic opportunity within Net-a-Porter.com for a smart and stylish individual to work with and develop our team of talented in-house Studio Stylists. Your focus in the role will be to approve all of the Stylists outfit checks before they are shot for upload (twice / day). Along with this you will work with the team to develop their Editorial eye so that the outfits on the upload represent the NET-A-PORTER editorial aesthetic, you would be expected to deliver seasonal master classes on styling for certain trends as well as other ad hoc style related projects.
- Work with the Studio Stylists to oversee and approve each of their upload outfits
- Work with the other Studio Production Team Managers to ensure the upload process runs smoothly
- Provide leadership to the Styling team, ensuring they are inspired, engaged and motivated. Constantly seeking to be the best and exceed expectations.
- Develop and continuously review the quality and style of upload outfits by producing training guides that resonate our editorial style and aesthetic.
- Communicate styling, trend, buying and visual merchandising guidelines to the Online Styling team
- Monitor all onset styling to ensure the products are styled correctly and on-brand and deliver constructive feedback when needed.
- Work with the Online Styling team and Photographers to ensure model poses are appropriate to the outfit and brand and work to enhance the products
- Help ensure team and individuals are hitting business targets
- Monitor reshoots and feedback to Global Online Styling Editor and Senior Studio Manager
- Monitor sell through reports to ensure styling is revised if sales are slow
- Attend Buy presentations, Sales meetings, trend clinics and Editorial meetings to develop the styling guides and feed information back to the team of Online Stylists.
- Review and react to weekly sales reports, using information to aid in product selection. Evaluating slow sellers for re-style, making recommendations in order to boost sales and achieve margin/sell thru targets through proactive onsite merchandising and cross/up-selling.
- Review and approve the staging server before products are uploaded onto the website in order to catch any reshoots and errors
- Ensure the team understands the strategic direction of the business and their role in helping to achieve it.
- Determine and clearly communicate objectives to the team. Ensuring they are aware of the daily priorities.
- Proactively develop team and individual performance
- Work alongside other Studio Production Team Managers to deliver new business projects and developments.
- Actively promote a positive open, honest, and effective working environment where all staff are valued and contributing to the team’s success.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Solid experience of styling within the luxury fashion industry
- A real sense of runway looks and what trends are happening each season
- Flair and individuality combined with awareness of the NET-A-PORTER style
- Excellent organizational skills
- Impeccable fashion and styling sense
- Proven commercial awareness
- Pro-active and able to show initiative and ideas
- Comfortable liaising at all levels within the business
- Excellent communication and people management skills
- The ability to react positively to rapidly evolving business requirements
- A passion for product, and crucially for always exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Passionate about ensuring NET-A-PORTER is the premier online fashion destination
- Experience of overseeing and developing either Fashion Assistants or a team of Stylists
- Previous experience in styling model shoots.
- Excellent time keeping and an ability to meet deadlines
Location: You will be based at our office in Mahwah, NJ
Hours: 37.5 hours per week working Monday-Friday.
To Apply: Please submit an updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to this role. Click here to apply.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.With a team of over 3,500 people, spanning 11 offices and nine distribution centres across the world, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP offers consumers around the world the best online luxury fashion and style experience via NET-A-PORTER.COM, MR PORTER.COM, THECORNER.COM, SHOESCRIBE.COM, YOOX.COM and THE OUTNET.COM. It also designs and manages ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES “powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP” for luxury companies who want to directly connect with their online customers.The Group reaches more than 2 million high-spending customers and 24 million unique visitors through its unique combination of six multi-brand ecommerce sites, 39 Online Flagship Stores, 5 publications and extensive social media reach. With express worldwide shipping to more than 180 countries, a seamless shopping experience across all devices, elegant packaging, easy returns and multi-lingual customer care and personal shopping teams that are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is listed on the Milan Stock Exchange as YNAP.
For further information visit ynap.com.
We are an Equal Employer Opportunity