OW! is a dynamic boutique publicity and event firm based in downtown New York. We are currently looking for a Fall NYFW Production Interns.
Currently, OW!'s core focus is events and red carpet press as we do PR as well. We have clients that are key NYFW sponsors, magazine brands, a major online fashion retailer, a nationally recognized life coach, and many high profile "per project" clients. During the last 19 NYFW seasons, we have consulted on 171 fashion shows and events and have similar work for September. We are looking for dedicated, grounded individuals who are looking to grow with us.
If you want to learn the "in’s and out’s" of New York Fashion Week in a boutique setting, this opportunity is for you.
TIMING / HOURS:
- Beginning August 22nd, at least 3 full days per week, or more, leading into NYFW
- All 7 days of NYFW from September 8th to 17th, plus about 3 wrap / reporting days after
- Last day is September 20th.
- Focused on production, client shows and presentations through NYFW.
- Only the top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Candidates in need of school credit are welcome.
- This is not a paid internship.
- An interest in PR is a plus!
- Self-motivated and ability to work w/ minimal supervision at times
- Strong marketing and business sense
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Proficient in Mac/PC, Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, email, etc.
- Team Player
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Writing skills
- Must be VERY trustworthy and reliable
- Solid communications skills
- References are REQUIRED!
- Assisting with all aspects of preparation for NYFW productions
- Office administrative work
- Assisting with all special projects and presentations
- Assisting with client reporting
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How fashion shows and presentations really work
- Basic production and organizational skills for events
- Behind the scenes look at the New York Fashion industry and media events
- Opportunities to develop a public relations and events understanding by sitting in on client and strategy meetings
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "intern" in the email title.