Title: Associate, Product Management
Location: New York City
Since 1975, TUMI has been creating world-class business and travel essentials, designed to upgrade, uncomplicate, and beautify all aspects of life on the move. Blending flawless functionality with a spirit of ingenuity, we’re committed to empowering journeys as a lifelong partner to movers and makers in pursuit of their passions. Designed in America, for Global Citizens everywhere. The brand is sold in over 260 stores from New York to Paris to London and Tokyo, as well as the world’s top department and specialty stores and travel retail in more than 75 countries.
Under the direction of the Director, the Associate should provide the vision, leadership and creativity to strategically drive the respective department business at TUMI. Meet financial targets for the category and brand. This position will be responsible for implementing key product initiatives; recommending new products / initiatives based upon market trends; and managing assortments and assortment flow.
Has direct accountability for results while simultaneously managing administrative, tactical requirements as per the PTM Calendar. They will also be able to clearly communicate with Global cross functional partners: Design, Sourcing, Planning, Forecasting, Merchandising, Training, Store Managers and Marketing.
Areas of responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Partner with Product Manager and Design to develop and recommend new products that reflect the international and local markets, leveraging TUMI strengths and creating new revenue generating opportunities.
- Set objectives for area of responsibility: Gross margin, assortment, presentation standards, and retail prices.
- Take an innovative look at the business and determines the best strategic approach in order to grow future business and impact assortment.
- Build assortments that meet category sales and margin requirements, presentation standards and support key brand objectives/initiatives.
- Utilize technical product knowledge and understanding of competitive landscape to build appropriate assortments
- Work closely with Planning to ensure assortment meets merchandising sales and gross margin plans.
- Identify costing opportunities to meet margin goals and improve margin.
- Focus on driving sku productivity
- Provide direction/information to marketing and PR to highlight the key messages of new or existing collections.
A bachelor's degree is required as well as the following:
- 3-5 years experience
- Analysis and Decision Making
- Develops Self and Others
- Initiative/getting things done
- Consistency and Accountability
- Problem Solving
- Comfort around Top Management
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Innovation Management
- A true passion for the category and Brand
TUMI encourages individual growth in pursuit of achieving corporate goals. Your commitment to the team will be recognized through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs.
To apply, please send your resume to Christina Burciu at email@example.com.
TUMI is an equal opportunity employer.