Company: Urban Outfitters
Title: Senior Content Editor
Reports to: Director of Creative Marketing and Content
Overview: The Senior Content Editor works with the Director of Creative Marketing & Content to develop, set and maintain the editorial voice of the Urban Outfitters brand across all facets and channels.
- Develop monthly content themes, long-term content plans that support and enhance UO brand marketing campaigns.
- Develop dynamic content features both online and print, including photography, video, studio visits, informative pieces and individual profiles, and beyond, and strategically incorporate these stories into overall marketing campaigns and social media messaging.
- Be aware of and implement new content trends and editorial ideas as they relate to the Urban Outfitters brand and customer.
- Develop photographic direction and overall mood and feel of original stories on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with the Director of Creative Marketing & Content to curate creative content and develop an ongoing content strategy in line with current brand identity and future direction.
- Be aware of and help implement new content trends and editorial ideas as they relate to the Urban Outfitters brand and customer.
- Research, pitch, produce, write and edit blog stories and features that represent and elevate the spirit of the Urban Outfitters brand.
- Seamlessly integrate merchandising messages into compelling content stories that will live as Marketing across all platforms—emails, site creative, and product groups.
- Produce, write and edit blog stories and features that represent and elevate the spirit of the Urban Outfitters brand.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Manager, Events Manager and Senior Editorial Copywriter to ensure that execution and voice are consistently carried out through multiple channels, including but not limited to: editorial content, email campaigns, social media, press materials, and printed content.
- Work collaboratively with Director of Creative Marketing & Content to execute big picture, long-lasting and impactful ideas across multiple platforms, driving engagement, excitement and sales.
- Work directly with brands to develop branded storytelling through the UO lens.
- Work collaboratively with content editors across departments to prepare and pitch cohesive planning on a monthly and weekly basis.
- Oversee Content Editor.
- Research and pitch ideas for the blog team to see through, and oversee development and execution of these posts.
- Top edit content stories for language, imagery, structure, and ensure all posts are created above standard.
- Develop and work with list of contributing writers and photographers to create elevated content that best represents the UO brand.
- Manage W9 and invoice submission process to accounting and maintain monthly blog budget.
- 4+ years editorial experience
- An articulate wordsmith and copywriter, combining a sense of humor with a sophisticated point of view
- Culturally relevant, with a highly developed interest in fashion, art, music, and photography as it relates to the Urban Outfitters customer
- Ability to work on a variety of projects at one time
- Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of coworkers across multiple teams
- Passionate about culture, branding, and the space in which the intersect
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing or another relevant field
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Travel: Some travel required.
To apply: Please visit this link https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=31908&company=URBN&username or email contact- LMartin@urbn.com, subject line Senior Content Editor.