Social Media Manager
Company: Urban Outfitters
Reports to: Brand Marketing Manager
The Social Media Manager works collaboratively with the Brand Marketing Manager and Director of Creative Marketing and Content to oversee UO’s primary Instagram account and additional divisional accounts. This role focuses on creating original photographic and video content, and building a true community within our social media platforms, engaging with customers and employees alike, and identifying and connecting with influencers to help convey the UO lifestyle and brand identity.
BRAND SOCIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- Develop weekly programming across the following Instagram accounts: @urbanoutfitters, @urbanoutfittersmens and @urbanoutfittersbeauty.
- Produce weekly schedules for all imagery, tags and captions, and make edits as needed for each account and planned post.
- Create original visual content (both photo and video) to be shared across social channels.
- Identify tastemakers in the social communities as they relate to the Urban Outfitters brand and build partnerships with brand advocates, influencers, and other creatives
- Curate and grow UO Community images on website, ensuring that page is updated daily with shoppable user generated content.
- Source and curate inspiring imagery and UGC content to engage with and share across social channels.
- Ensure that all social content and copy is brand appropriate, accurate and appropriately labeled.
- Engage with community on social channels via liking, commenting, replying and regramming imagery.
- Report on performance and growth of all social channels on weekly and monthly basis.
SEASONAL SOCIAL PLANNING
- Develop and execute monthly social media plans for Instagram and well as support and coordination with all other UO owned social platforms.
- Partner with Editorial and Content teams to program weekly brand storytelling based on the monthly Creative and Marketing Brief.
- Collaborate with Interactive and Media team to identify opportunities for growth and engagement via paid media and affiliate/influencer partnerships
- Support digital channels with new ideas and initiatives to continuously evolve and strengthen these channels, grow followers, and support new and existing UO programs.
LOCAL SOCIAL DIRECTION
- Provide direction and guidance to 50 local social Instagram accounts via seasonal guidelines and best practices to be distributed to field leadership and local account holders.
- Develop weekly content and art direction for local social accounts as well as best of recaps to be shared with local account holders.
- Create creative toolkits for local events, contests, campaigns and promotions on as-needed basis.
- Actively engage with and support employees in the field by personally commenting, liking and following accounts.
- 2+ years marketing and/or merchandising experience
- Culturally relevant, with a highly developed interest in fashion, art, music, and photography as it relates to the Urban Outfitters customer
- Ability to work on a variety of projects at one time
- Ability to build relationships and work with a variety of coworkers across multiple teams
- Passionate about culture, branding, and the space in which they intersect
To apply, please click here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=40961&company=URBN&username or Email RGeiger@urbn.com, subject line Social Media Manager.