Area is an emerging fashion brand based on Canal Street in New York, currently a finalist in the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund competition. Area seeks an extremely organized, self-motivated individual to manage all aspects of Product Development and Production. We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent growth potential.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Assisting in sourcing, and development of seasonal inspiration, materials, and garments
- Manage organization, archiving, and inventorying, and updating of Design/Development assets/materials
- Carry out development of all materials (fabric, trim, embellishment): Ownership of ordering, overseeing vendor correspondence, tracking, and timely delivery
- Create and maintain technical sketches for Development
- Assist in cut tickets/tech packs; update and pass to Production at time of line pass-off
- Spec sample garments
- Liase with factories regarding sample progress, material receipt, fit comments, etc.
- Quality control of all merchandise
- Track expenditures and assist in monitoring of Development budget
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an Apparel Design / product development program
- At least 1-2 years experience in Design/Tech Design/Product Development with Better Contemporary or Designer level brand preferred
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, and self-motivated individual with ability to multi-task
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent growth potential. Open to discussing full or part time options.
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Production / Product Development Manager.