Area is an emerging fashion brand based on Canal Street in New York, currently a finalist in the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund competition. Area seeks an extremely organized, self-motivated individual to assist in all aspects of Design, Product Development and Production. We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent growth potential.
Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Assisting designers in research, sourcing, and development of seasonal inspiration, materials, and garments
- Organization, archiving, and inventorying, and updating of Design/Development assets/materials
- Create and maintain technical sketches for Development
- Assist in cut tickets/tech packs
- Spec sample garments
- Liaise with factories regarding sample progress, material receipt, fit comments, etc.
- Quality control of all merchandise
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Very strong understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, and self-motivated individual with ability to multi-task
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging work environment with excellent growth potential. Open to discussing full or part time options. Internship is unpaid, and eligible for school credit.
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Technical Design / Production Internship.