Beauty tutorials are big on YouTube — a search for "makeup tutorial" and "hair tutorial" yields more than five million videos. In this weekly series, we put a mix of popular and under-the-radar tutorials to the test and show you what's best.
Beauty vlogger Christine Mai Nguyen keeps things simple; her aesthetic is about minimalism and then working in punches of color every so often. But the basis of every look she creates is a flawlessly glowing complexion. In a video on her YouTube channel, Ngyuen breaks down her step-by-step process for making said glow appear, starting with her skin-care routine and then working her way through her makeup bag. The best part about the whole thing is that it's unbelievably easy. Bonus: She uses her hands rather than tools for most of the steps.
Watch the full video above to see her steps, and check out the full list of products she used here (yes, there's a lot of Glossier; no, the video wasn't sponsored by Glossier):
- Glossier Soothing Face Mist
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture w/ SPF 15
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Medium
- Glossier Stretch Concealer
- Glossier Boy Brow in Black
- Glossier Generation G
- Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow For Face and Cheeks Crème Colour Palette
- Hourglass Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette
Please note: Occasionally, we use affiliate links on our site. This in no way affects our editorial decision-making.