With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offerings into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and TsUM, in addition to over 300 specialty boutiques worldwide. The brand is also regularly featured in top fashion publications and has developed a cult celebrity following.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
The ideal candidate is a Production Management major who has at least 1-2 Production internships already under their belt. We will meet candidates with other majors as well. You must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and hands on.
- Communicating daily with factories in the garment district to ensure timely delivery and quality product
- Sourcing materials & trims
- Managing production & inventory spreadsheets in Excel and QuickBooks
- Quality control of merchandise
- Most communication w/ factories is on-site at the factories therefore you will need to be comfortable visiting/doing research in the garment district often on a daily basis. You must possess STRONG people/communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Experience w/ either of the following: cut-and-sew hats or cut-and-sew garments. Previous experience with hand-knits, felt/straw hats, hair accessories and/or shoes is a major plus.
- Must be proficient in Excel
You must be able to intern 3-5 days per week (M-F) and for 3 months beginning now. We will not review applications from applicants who are not currently in NYC and who can't start immediately. You will be assisting the team in all areas so this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about working for a luxury wholesale fashion company. You need to be a high energy go-getter that pays very strong attention to detail.
Please email cover letter & resume in PDF format only w/ PROD INTERN written in the subject line to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.*
Compensation: Minimum Wage