FASHIONABLE is a socially conscious accessories brand dedicated to creating sustainable business that promotes economic change. We are committed to making beautiful, quality products while also supporting commerce and changing lives both locally and globally.
Director of Jewelry:
We are growing quickly and looking to hire a Director of Jewelry. Experience in high-level soldering and metalworking is a must. This multi-faceted position requires someone who has the ability to train others in jewelry making and will oversee management of online and wholesale production. Additionally, the role will include jewelry design, development, and sourcing. We're seeking someone who is highly-motivated, organized, with a natural focus on profitability as well as strong relational and managerial skills. We strive to create excellent jewelry in an environment of compassion and grace. This position is full-time and located in our Nashville, TN office.
What you’ll do:
Oversee FASHIONABLE’s jewelry line, manufactured in-house:
- Includes partnering with the design team on trend forecasting, creating samples based on FASHIONABLE’S brand aesthetic, and managing to sampling schedules/deadlines.
- Source and order materials. Develop and manage a system for ordering raw supplies for all jewelry production. This includes managing vendor relations, maintaining expense trackers, and focusing on profitability.
- Train jewelry staff. Daily/Weekly training of new hires, or training current jewelry makers on newly launched items and next skill level items.
- Ensure quality of all jewelry products by overseeing the quality control points throughout production.
- Manage jewelry staff and production. This includes understanding in-house inventory levels for all sales channels, creating daily production schedules for jewelry makers, communicating clear job expectations and frequent feedback to staff, developing policies and procedures for manufacturing and professional development.
- Actively monitor and fine-tune production process, with focus on profitability, worker safety and quality results.
- Foster a cooperative spirit among employees and create a disciplined but joyful work space.
- Report value-adding metrics around the jewelry business. Report weekly the results of production planning, staff performance, profitability improvements, quality control rates, and inventory status.
- Research and implement new production techniques, including new technology or equipment
- Pursue additional education around professional and technical knowledge, whether through professional networks, seminars, workshops, or trade publications.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment in FASHIONABLE manufacturing space.
An organized manager with problem-solving skills and drive to help others develop professional skills:
- 2 - 4 years experience in jewelry making and production management
- Bench jeweler certification highly recommended
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Track record of managing high performance teams in a fast paced organization
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills, strong experience with Excel, Google Sheets, and related tools
- Demonstrated history of budget tracking and strategic planning, understanding of business processes and controls
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Director of Jewelry.