M. Martin is a Women’s Ready To Wear brand that launched in 2014 by Jennifer Noyes and Alex Gilbert Gains. We are currently looking for an experienced, bright and enthusiastic technical designer to freelance in the upcoming weeks to specifically assist with our Spring/Summer 2017 collection.
The Technical Designer will be responsible for creating detailed technical flat sketches for tech packs (for our reference and for factories). We are looking for a skilled Fashion Illustrator who can help us efficiently translate the designs from conception/hand sketch to technical sketch.
- Work with the lead designers on the latest collection to create and develop technical flats.
- Execute new design concepts and sketches through illustration.
- Update existing sketches/bodies.
- Must have knowledge of various garment constructions, fabrications and (ideally) production friendly techniques.
- Align and deliver to agreed calendar milestones (specific calendar dates TBD).
- Must exhibit ability to prioritize and manage workload in a fast paced environment (and be communicative regarding work load and timing expectations).
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
Job Type: Freelance
Please send in your resume with work samples and a short description on how you can contribute to our team. Also, please let us know your potential availability/schedule for the upcoming weeks (specifically end of September/October) and hourly rate. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org