OTTE New York, a leading luxury/contemporary boutique in women's retail is looking for a savvy & conceptual graphic designer to join their creative department.
OTTE has been committed to discovering and cultivating emerging talent, offering a vast but meticulously curated selection of the most coveted brands from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Dsquared2, Jonathan Simkhai and more.
As a Graphic Designer, you will work closely with the Art Director to develop original and exciting design solutions for digital and print advertising.
You will have access to quality, high-end photography to create compelling designs that separate us from competitors.
OTTE is a fast-paced environment and will need someone with the ability to generate many different ideas while juggling several projects at one time.
In this role you will be creating computer-based artwork for assigned collateral such as direct mail, website landing pages, point-of-sale materials, promotional materials, illustrated private label designs, posters, print lookbooks, etc.
- Design and production of layouts for website, catalogs and print collateral.
- Assist Art Director on creative concepts for lookbooks, campaigns, and other marketing collateral for the business.
- Follow up to ensure all work is trafficked according to schedule, adjusting design through art, copy and senior management revisions.
- Work on minor retouching for photos on E-Commerce website.
- Efficiently create and maintain design files from beginning to end of each project with a keen attention to production of files.
- Ensure creative vision is achieved throughout each project while maintaining OTTE's brand image with attention to content hierarchy, message to the customer.
- Stay abreast of the new trends and technologies in the design and fashion industry.
- Function as liaison between merchants, copywriters, and online production teams in resolving issues and driving creative process.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize design skill and computer technology to develop corporate imaging materials, including window display and point-of-sale signage; corporate graphics; hang-tags and labels; direct mail and credit pieces; package design; catalogues; commercials and video presentations; print and outdoor advertising.
- Manage the full project life cycle, from design, layout, mechanical through follow-up.
- BFA in Graphic Design
- At least 2 years experience in graphic design. E-Commerce/Fashion related environment preferred.
- Must have fashion and luxury brand knowledge. Strong interest in women’s fashion preferred.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Critically proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and production processes.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills a must.
- Understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment.
- Strong typography skills and understanding of copy message and hierarchy.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle tight deadlines and make speedy revisions.
- Strong sense of passion and willingness to research/evolve projects from season to season.
- Ability to adapt to change with a positive "can do" attitude.
To apply, please send your resume to Andrew Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.