We are a small, innovative and progressive company that focuses on all aspects of creative consulting in the fashion, film, art and music industries. We provide services that range from branding, social media services, talent procurement / relations, events and developing both photographic and moving media content for print, digital and social channels.
The ideal candidate will be one that is comfortable handling a range of responsibilities in a fast pace environment and have the capability to handle a range of tasks including building presentations in Illustrator / InDesign as well as the ability to film, edit and assist in creating mood boards. Additional responsibilities include working with a photographer with retouching, resizing, archiving and conceptual research. The candidate must be familiar with fashion, history of magazines (both past and present) and the ability to resource references of campaigns. The candidate will hold the primary role for these responsibilities as being the art department individual of the company.
Must have expertise in the following:
- The ability to work with Adobe Illustrator is integral.
- The ability to work with Adobe InDesign is integral.
- Familiarity with working with MACs and with photos and moving media.
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe After Effects CC
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Video Editing
- Photography / Videography
- Keynote / Power Point
- Work with a small team creating / managing design brief(s), thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts developing interactive design with innovation working with a range of media.
- Contribute to creative planning by concepting out your approach to work with compelling and design graphics that may be synergized with an element of motion to enrich the visuals.
- Organizing daily requests and project with the ability to problem solve and incorporate design feedback and work in a fast paced environment.
- Film, edit, clip and create content (both photo & video) for social media: Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Twitter, YouTube/Vimeo and keep up to date with any new / trending media platforms.
- Curate great content that our clients and demographic will enjoy.
- Understand internet trends and keep up to date with current news / world events, both fashion, art and contemporary news / events.
- Create content quickly and in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines.
- Update imagery and content to our websites, maintain photographic archive and retouch images as needed. Demonstrate an ability to clearly communicate and handle technical challenges as well as problem solve with a strong sense ownership of process and results along with the ability to think ahead and be consistently proactive.
Candidate must be:
- Ambitious, proactive and creative, always coming up with new ideas for content, improving brand presence and quality, understand our demographic and have the ability to analyze the importance behind great concepts & visuals.
- Creative, detail-oriented and outstandingly organized with a strong interest in the business of photography and the creative industry. The right candidate will work with the team but also be able to work independently with attention to detail. Candidates should possess the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Have a familiarity with digital printing, scanning and video editing and a familiarity with working on managing and developing the website
- Great taste and interest in the history of photography film and art and possess the knowledge of current and past fashion publications and online websites.
- A cover letter displaying your ambition and entrepreneurship within the scope of the job description and a few ideas of how you think you can best help to develop the company.
- A portfolio of former work and projects that display your ability to fulfill the job requirements (i.e. an example of a project done in Illustrator & InDesign).
- Please send résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter must describe specific interest for this role and reflect the job description (both skill sets and values) and why you feel you would be the ideal candidate. Please use email subject line “Art Department Position”.
- This is a freelance position that may transition to full-time for the right candidate.