Emerging Fashion brand is looking for a talented womenswear designer for a contemporary/resort brand. We are a small company dedicated to creating socially conscious apparel and accessories. We currently sell to retailers such as Barneys, Net a Porter and Shopbop. We are a fast paced, dedicated team and are looking for a self motivated, independent thinker who combined both detail oriented analytical skills and a great creative vision.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Creative Director and Design Director to design collection from concept to completion
- Develop seasonal theme and color story
- Assisting in the selection of all fabrics and trims
- Select and manipulate all proprietary (purchased) prints
- Create original sketches of styles including critical measurements, construction details and front and back views
- Source trims locally
- Attend fittings and review prototypes for quality and fit
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years design experience in contemporary or designer markets
- Creative and likes challenges
- Excellent sketching ability – both technical/flats and fashion
- Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction
- Mastery of Photoshop and proficiency in Excel
- Firm understanding of creative design process and brand development
- Ability to work on calendar and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – Daily communication with production manager in Kenya, designer in Scotland and cross functional members of NY based team requires that every effort must be made to be polite, efficient and timely.
- Must be a team player
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging environment. For the right candidate, this position is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a brand positioned for tremendous success.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.