Fleur du Mal, a luxury lingerie, swim and ready to wear brand is looking for an experienced Senior Lingerie and Womenswear Designer.
- Responsible for the entire design process from inspiration, sketches, and fabric development, to fittings and final prototypes all following the vision of the Creative Director
- Able to research and present relevant womenswear trends and inspiration with a knowledge of fashion history, materials and color trends
- Create and maintain seasonal design sketch boards each season
- Managing communication and strong relationships with all vendors including factories, mills, and sample room
- Meet with mills to source seasonal fabric/trims and help set seasonal colors, fabric and trim direction
- Must know how to research and develop exclusive fabrics and prints
- Work closely with Production and Creative Director to ensure perfect garment look and fit
- Responsible for scheduling and attending all fittings and communicating comments
- Responsible for following and meeting design calendar deadlines
- 6+ years experience in a designer capacity
- Must have strong lingerie design experience
- Graduated with a design degree
- Flexible to deadlines, working in an entrepreneurial environment with long hours
- Possess high fashion aesthetics
- Fantastic eye for colour, fabric and detailing
- Excellent flat sketching skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and organized
- Advanced Illustrator/Photoshop skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you meet the above criteria, email your resume with salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please visit our website fleurdumal.com and follow @fleurdumalnyc for more information.