HL Group is a fast-growing, dynamic New York-based Communications, PR, and Marketing Consulting firm seeking a Senior Account Manager to work on a team serving fashion and lifestyle brands. The firm specializes in marketing and communications strategies across fashion, lifestyle, interior design, spirits, media and entertainment sectors, and is quickly expanding into other categories.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute communication strategies and conduct press outreach to appropriately position a range of fashion, accessories, beauty and lifestyle brands in the marketplace
- Secure top-tier media opportunities, including press coverage in fashion (men’s and women’s), accessories, lifestyle, and consumer outlets; speaking engagements; sponsorship opportunities; award submissions
- Take on a lead role in Front of House NYFW show management – pitching various angles for show coverage, along with overseeing invite/RSVP/seating management
- Coordinate logistics for targeted press events to support seasonal launches, collections, and other brand introductions
- Interface with client daily, and drive the dialogue, as relevant to press opportunities, event logistics, overseeing sample traffic, media monitoring etc.
- Contribute to story angle development, press release writing, daily product placement, sample trafficking, and media tracking
- Report to Team Account Director and Managing Director; provide updates on client status regularly
- Manage an Account Manager or Account Coordinator, providing a motivating atmosphere
- Develop a voice of authority with clients and peers alike
- Minimum 3.5 years experience on either the agency or client side, handling all product placement and contributing to feature coverage
- Relationships within the lifestyle media (specifically market editors and directors) on both a national and regional level
- Direct experience with accessories brands and corresponding media a plus
- Ability to manage one or more team members
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- A positive, energetic attitude and the ability to self-motivate and be proactive in completing tasks
- Relationships with stylists and influencers in the fashion/entertainment industry is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Fashion GPS
To apply, please send your resume to Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Sr. Account Manager.