Newport Beach Fragrance Company, House of Sillage is seeking an International Sales Manager to direct and coordinate International sales. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team and make a difference in our dynamic, growing organization. Local candidates only please.
The role of International Sales Manager (ISM) is a critical role for the growth of the Company. There is considerable potential to grow our current market share worldwide with both new and existing customer accounts. This growth will come both from geographical expansion and from developing our sales networks in existing markets. The ISM will be responsible for maximizing our sales revenue through a network of international sales agents as well as developing direct customer accounts with existing and new customers. The position will involve a high degree of international travel. The role is suited to a confident, and organized, sales professional, who has worked in a similar role for a luxury, beauty or fashion company.
- Develop business plan and strategy for multiple product line markets that ensures attainment of company international sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare action plans by region for effective search for international sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate international markets.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding international sales performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margins.
- Maintains accurate records of all international pricing, sales and activity reports.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations to dealers, customers, internal staff.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Insures that all international sales conduct meets or exceeds all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintains contact with all customers in the international market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Designs and recommends international sales and marketing programs.
- Sets short- and long-term international sales strategies.
- Must be aware of international variances in cultural and legal issues pertaining to sales.
- Should be familiar with international business concepts, practices, procedures.
- Must work to develop and maintain international business contacts.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Develop key relationships with international customers
- Build a solid direct and dealer international sales pipeline and develop opportunities.
- Achieve pre-defined international sales targets
- Work closely with the Project, Design, Marketing and Production teams to ensure customer requirements are met on a timely basis
- Lead and Coordinate all international shipping, distribution and delivery with Supply Chain personal.
- Coordinate all international sales efforts with retailors, distributors and agents.
- Manages and directs all sales activities to achieve global sales and profit goals.
- The successful candidate shall be an energetic, effective, self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills who is able to excel in an international sales environment.
- Experience with a luxury product line or fashion house is preferred.
- Fluency in other languages highly preferred.
- 4+ years of sales experience and 5+ years international experience with an emphasis on international business development required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Technologically advanced and oriented. Must have above average computer and technical skills to navigate the communication barriers of frequent international travel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, while interacting successfully across cultures
- Customer service oriented and organized.
- The proven ability to hire, build, and lead successful retail sales teams.
- Must have a natural ability to engage in business relationships with individuals and groups.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Entrepreneurial & Fast Paced working environment
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel with short-notice.
- Ability to travel 45% of the time.
- Position based in Newport Beach, CA.
To apply, please send your resume to Chrissie@houseofsillage.com.