MATTE is a creative agency that concepts, produces and promotes culture. Based in the heart of downtown Manhattan, we are a young and eager team always looking for problems to solve and brands to build. As our company grows, we are on the constant lookout for young design talent, passionate about creative projects and excited to take on legitimate responsibility in a fast-paced environment. Design plays a major role in every project we execute, As a Design Intern, you will play a key role in shaping the aesthetic of a variety of high-caliber clients and projects. In addition to our own film and concert work, we have had the pleasure to work with some of the world’s most influential brands — Including Samsung, Snapchat, Google, Absolut Vodka, Chanel, Nike, Interview Magazine, Rag & Bone, Maison Kitsuné, Soho House and more.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
MATTE is seeking a Design Intern for the fall semester to join our creative team as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone with strong typography skills, a fast thinker with creative layout ideas, who can move fluidly and easily between mediums. The ideal designer will be motivated, organized and able to think and execute creatively and meticulously.
- Working directly with MATTE’s Creative Manager and Art Director and other members of the design team to establish aesthetic directions. For our clients and internal brand.
- Conceptualizing and designing materials from start to finish, including proposal mocks, event collateral & branded content, supporting Film Treatments, proposals & much more.
- Taking ownership of certain projects while being able to work as a team on larger projects.
- Support editorial team with the execution of original layout designs to create content for our digital properties.
- Degree or currently studying Graphic Design, Communication Design, Photography, Fine Art, or Digital Media
- Available 3+ days per week
- 1-2 years of design experience in an agency setting, publication or brand direct (preferred)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of typography and grid systems
- Outstanding visual style with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong Layout skills for both digital and print.
- Photo Editing Skills a plus
- The ability to effectively communicate design thinking and output.
If you’re interested in this position, please send a cover letter, CV AND a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Design Internship.
Job Type: unpaid internship with opportunity to receive school credit and daily lunch stipend available
MATTE, 176 Grand Street, Second Floor, New York, NY 10013